Dynamic CSS Menus Css3Menu.com

5.18.2010

Super Chef - The Saga Concludes


Welcome back, Super Chefs! Yesterday we covered the basic rules of Super Chef at Gamesville and how to win. Today we'll cover giant food, advanced tips, and how to get 2x jackpots for non-gold members!!

Oh, and the final rating. That's here too. ^_^

Get comfy!


Giant Food

In medium and hard mode there is giant food.

Whoa.

It may look scary, but it's easy to deal with. The key to remember is that you don't have to use the entire food. You can use just a corner of it.


Or you can reach waaaaaaay in the back and go right through the giant food.

Fear my paint skillz!

Both of these methods work fine, but be precise when you click. Just clicking anywhere on the giant food isn't going to work most of the time. Look at the grid to figure out where the match is, and aim for that spot.

Whatever is "extra" turns into normal size versions of the food. So the extra apples bits above would turn into regular apples. Strategic use can turn those bits into a match bonus!


Advanced Tips and Tricks

1. When a new board loads, check the corners first. If 2-3 corners are the same, try to "use" the other corners to get them to change. If you're lucky you can get a quick Super Chef!

2. Work from the edges. I like to start at the top left corner and work my way down. This is going to be really hard to explain, so just stick with me. ^_^

In the board below I saw that 2 corners were tomatoes, and I didn't want to mess with that. I couldn't make matches out of the other corners, so I moved to the next step.

I started at the first pepper on the second row. (It's circled in green.) Then I looked across the row for a matching pepper.

My apologies for the poor color choices.

When I got to the pepper circled in blue, I looked down the column for a 3rd pepper. When I found it I looked back to the left for the 4th corner, and found a match!

I like this method because it's easier to see. Sometimes I get lost in the middle and *think* I've found a match, but I'll be off  by one line.

3. Before making a BIG match, look inside the rectangle. All of the food inside will change as soon as you make the match, and you may cheat yourself of a match bonus!

Take a look at this.

I found this match using the method described in tip #2. And I was about to click on it when I saw another match inside.

Glad I didn't miss that!

As I congratulated myself for finding the second match, I spotted a third match inside the second one!

Okay. Now yer gettin' wild.

By taking the time to *look* I turned an impressive gathering of 56 bell peppers into 110 bell peppers! I also had 3 matches in a row, and easily found 3 more matches to complete the bonus!

Looking before you click is especially important on the medium and hard difficulties because you need a lot more of each item.

4. This is not a sponge. It's cheese. ^_^

Cheeeeese!


Cash Prizes

When you spell W-I-N you'll go to the Gamesville Vault. From there you pick a letter (W, I, or N) and reveal your prize! Current prizes for non-gold members are $2, $3, $4, and $200. Gamesville gives out 436 prizes a month for Super Chef. That's fourteen people each day!

UNCONFIRMED BUSTED RUMOR: I talked to four winners and all of them said the same thing.


They all said the letters showed up at once. As in, the level loaded and W-I-N was already on the board! If this was the only way to win, well.. it would definitely change how I play. No more dragging a level out in hopes that the 3rd letter would drop!

Chris Cummings, Gamesville's product manager, kindly set me straight. ^_^
...it's not accurate to say that winners always start with W, I, and N already on their screen. It certainly *can* happen, and has happened (in fact, that was the experience of our very first Super Chef winner), but it's not always the case. Often times, people need to really wade through those puzzles to find that win.

Alas, there are no easy wins. Well, technically there *are* easy wins for some people, but you and I probably aren't that lucky. Get back to searching for those letters!


Double Jackpots

Gamesville Gold members get double jackpots automatically. This means that their prizes range from $4 to $400! But I found a way for non-members to get double jackpots too! It's on their Super Chef rules page and it's completely legit.

You need a business size envelope, 3x5 index card, postage, and something to write with. I suggest a pen. ^_^

Write ALL of the following information on the card.
  • Your full name
  • Gamesville account name
  • Your mailing address
  • Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
  • Daytime phone number and e-mail address
Seal the card in the envelope and mail it to:

"Gamesville Super Chef Double Prize Game "
c/o Lycos, Inc.
100 Fifth Ave. 
Waltham, MA 02451-8703

As soon as they receive your entry you'll get double jackpots in Super Chef for a MONTH!! So don't spam them with entries!

I *just* found out about this, and dang... it's really cool. ^_^ If you fall in love with Super Chef and are not a Gold member, send this in!


Final Rating

I'm going to be honest and admit that I got burned out on Super Chef while working on this guide. I doubt I'll play it for a while. *^_^* Still, it's a great game and I learned a lot! I also earned a TON of GVs which I will use to enter their sweeps. (They're very generous with the GVs in Super Chef!)

The difficulty levels provide an easy game for beginners, or a mind-twisting hard puzzle for the masochists. I really like that it's flexible and that I can choose which type of game I want to play.

I'll give this one 4.5 stars out of 5. Great work, Gamesville!



Guide updated June 2nd, 2010 to reflect new prize amounts.

If you made it this far, why don't you enter the current contest? It's free to enter, and let's face it, my blog is still tiny so your odds of winning are pretty good! ^_^
 

Free2WinGames.com Copyright © 2010 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino

All images used in posts are Copyright of their respective designers, including (but not limited to):
BugleGames, Candystand, Club Bing, FreeSlots, Gamesville, GSN Oodles, IWON, KadoKado, Playtopia, Pogo, Slingo, Spigo, and Winster.